× Please send specific support questions to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to open a support ticket. But, if you have general questions on how to implement JoomFuse, not sure what to do next in Infusionsoft? Let the JoomFuse staff and fellow JoomFuse users help you out.

GDPR erase locks Joomla user

More
10 months 1 week ago #243 by Adriel Brunson (SEI-avatar)
We have enabled full GDPR support for Infusionsoft. An Infusionsoft contact that is also a registered Joomla user on one of our site requested to be "erased" in Infusionsoft. We complied with their request.
When I went to the Joomla site to delete their user I couldn't make any change through either the Joomla user manager or the CB user manager. I had to disable all Joomfuse plugins to delete their Joomla account.
That's okay for me but it's not a workable solution for the other admins managing the site.
Is there something we need to do to make this work better?
Thanks,
-a-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #244 by Dom Cassone (dcassone)
Hi Adriel,
There should be no linkage between GDPR in Infusionsoft and Joomla or JoomFuse. I will however test this and get back to you.

Additionally, you can now delete Joomla users directly from Infusionsoft with an HTTP post to JoomFuse. Please see the article in the JoomFuse announcements section of this forum for more details.

Let me know if you have any other questions.....I have also created a support case for you regarding this matter.

Regards,
Dom

More
10 months 6 days ago #245 by Dom Cassone (dcassone)
Hi Adriel,

I wanted to report back on my testing.
  1. I enabled GDPR on my sandbox Infusionsoft app. That is linked to my development version of joomfuse.com.
  2. I sent one of my test contacts/users an email (which goes to one of my email accounts).
  3. I then unsubscribed that contact/user and selected that I wanted my information removed.
  4. In Infusionsoft, I Erased (not deleted) the contact.
  5. I logged into Joomla and found the user I just erased in Infusionsoft.
  6. I had no problem deleting her.

There is no interaction between Infusionsoft and JoomFuse/Joomla except when explicitly ask for via an HTTP post. Joomla/JoomFuse is unaway of whatever you do in Infusionsoft.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem you reported...please let know if it happens again or if you have any other data regarding this. If there is a problem, we certainly want to find it and remedy it.

Thank you for reporting this!

Regards,
Dom
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adriel Brunson (SEI-avatar)

More
10 months 2 days ago #246 by Adriel Brunson (SEI-avatar)
Thanks, Dom. This must have been a one-off issue as we haven't seen it again. I appreciate your support and checking it out.
-a-

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Connect with us

Twitter
JoomFuse Forum
Joomla Community Magazine
Facebook

© Copyright 2013-2020 Zacaw Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
JoomFuse is not affiliated with or endorsed by Joomla.org or Open Source Matters. Logos are copyright by the respective companies and used with permission.

Comodo Secure SSL
Infusionsoft Certified Consultant and Partner Infusionsoft Certified Developer